Many of us at times develop unhealthy relationships with food. A little while of feeling bad after maybe overeating and seeing its effects we are able to reign our behavior in and there’s not much harm. However sometimes this unhealthy relationship can be ongoing and can start to cause other parts of our lives, relationships and recreations for example, to not function well. When this happens, a food addiction might have formed and may call for more specific intervention.
Some signs to keep in mind:
- Eating more than planned when you eat certain foods.
- Keep eating certain foods even if you are not hungry.
- Eat until you feel sick.
- If unable to get a specific food, go out of your way to obtain that food.
- Eat certain foods in such large amounts that you start eating food instead of working, spending time with family or doing recreational activities.
- Avoid professional or social situations where certain foods are available.
- Have problems function effectively at your school or work because of food and eating.
If you checked a good many and have been experiencing these for over a month, it may be that it is time to seek further support.
Feel free to contact me for a free consultation if you feel this may apply to you. I have been working for over 10 years with people that suffer from all types of addictions and can help.